Monday, March 6, 2017

Nerdy Bastard

Comic Review!

Started Wednesday March 1, 2017

Bastards like comics. I don’t want to start a new blog so I’m putting these up to feel better about writing it all down.

The nerd store I work in sells a variety of nerdy paraphernalia. I’m in good with the comic crowd and after talking comics with my people I am a little resentful having to wait until I get home to start in on my comics. Today I had quiet on my side.

First Thing I Read When I Got Home:

Shade the Changing Girl #6 Good read. #5 ends in a cliffhanger and this issue took right off. There is a lot of fun potential building up and drama is sure to ensue. Shade is her own worse enemy and this issue sets up what is sure to be quite the rivalry.

Bullseye #2 Ah, Bullseye, what a bastard. Just enough story to present Bullseye as the murderous jerk he is—but also provides a mission, the rescue-my-son-sort no less, and that coupled with sociopathic code make for a very entertaining read.

Extremities #1 Oh my yes please. This issue comes at the reader flexing and showing off all it’s mighty potential. I’m not a gore hound but I found the flying blood and severed torso’s and such to be more awesome than awful. Image has some more #1’s coming at us. I can’t afford for them to be awesome but I suspect that won’t stop anything.

New to The Stack (which is by no means a negative reflection):

Deadpool #28. Part one of four is all I needed to see on the cover. I have the normal cover. There is a more awesome cover out there with ‘Pool-as-Venom that I did not get. I’m sure I’ll get to my love/hate of variant covers eventually.

Nightwing #16 Normally I get to this book pretty quick. This week my copy was damaged. I get the variant cover so it was either buy the wall cover or wait. My budget is limited. I wait.

Also on The Stack:

The Walking Dead # 161 I think. It’s the quarter issue but I don’t follow the book so…

The Old Guard #1. Looks good and is only a time-budget that has delayed my reading. THANKS wife, kids, pets and friends.

Optimus Prime #4: These feel longer than the average comic book. I really enjoy the artwork so far so I also spend a little extra time staring at the pages.

1 comment:

The Bastard Himself said...

I wrote this and THOUGHT I had it self to publish on a time thing...as well as another nerdy nerd article.

I'm trying to build up some article-padding...and shit.