Friday, July 22, 2016

Employed Bastards

What's the worst part about working with teens?

Adults is the funny answer.

But really though, it's the adults. 

I decided to end my stint working with teens. It was not easy. I get along fantastically with teenagers for whatever reason but it was time I pushed past that emotional connection with the kids and moved on.
 
Two jobs at both ends of the day's spectrum was making it hard for me to sleep. My body goes by that invisible clock and I tend to wake up at the same day every day. Four months of waking up at 7a.m. and going to bed around 2:30a.m. wore a bastard out and when I sat down at the end of the day the boarding school job fell short for too many reasons. I will probably get to some specifics but I don't want to go on and on about how quickly a good thing can turn bad.

Working at a bar has shown me if nothing else it does not pay much less to be in charge of much, much less. I'm already sleeping in later which for me is usually a long process. 

Working one job will be nice for a minute. I have my eye on a part time day job--the easy sort you get minimum wage for but also will be a good experience that lasts about a month but will get you a discount on comic books.

No comments: